Brass Singing Bowl 9cm
Free UK Delivery
This small brass singing bowl features a traditional buddha design and comes with a fabric mat and wooden striker to create the ringing tones that clear negative energy and help create a state of deep meditation.
Free UK Delivery
Arrives within 1-5 business days
How To Use
Method 1 - Striking
Striking is arguably the easiest way to play a singing bowl. This is a great introduction to playing the bowl and is suitable for all ages.
- Simply hold the bowl in the palm of your non-dominant hand, and the mallet in your dominant hand.
- Hold the mallet like a baton and lightly strike the bowl with the padded side of the mallet on the bowl’s mid-exterior wall.
- Striking the bowl will produce a pleasant, rich tone.
- We recommend striking the bowl once and letting the sound and vibrations fully dissipate before striking again.
Method 2 - Rimming
- Begin in a relaxed seated position with a straight spine while maintaining a natural breath.
- Hold the bowl in the palm of your non-dominant hand, and the mallet in your dominant hand.
- This time, grip the mallet in the center with your forefinger and thumb like a pen with the padded end of the mallet gently resting in the web between the thumb and forefinger.
- Lightly strike the bowl on the mid-exterior wall to ‘warm-up’ the bowl and before the vibrations dissipate, immediately position the mallet vertically near the rim of the bowl and begin circling the rim in a clockwise motion. It is important to start circling the rim as soon as you make contact with it to start the singing. If you place the mallet against the rim without moving it, the initial sound from striking will be dampened and you will have difficulty making the bowl sing.
- Circle the bowl at least five times using a full-arm movement until you begin to hear the overtone build. The circling motion is similar to stirring a pot and it’s important to keep the mallet vertical.
- As the overtone builds you can slow your speed and make firmer contact between the mallet and rim. As you continue, the overtone will sound sweet and clear. It’s important to continue to apply pressure as the friction between the mallet and bowl produces vibrations which result in the singing sound.
- Material: Brass
- Weight: 646g
- Product Dimensions: H5.5cm x W9.5cm x D9.5cm
- Gift Box Dimensions: H7cm x W16cm x D16cm